Job Title: Email Marketing & Web Development Operations Specialist
Start Date: 1/20/14
Location: San Jose, CA
Job Type: Contract / W2
The Email Marketing & Web Development specialist will be responsible for the successful execution of North America Relationship Marketing email campaigns and landing pages for our client (a well-known, household name eCommerce company).
What You’ll Do:
As the Email Marketing & Web Development specialist you will execute (prepare, test, stage, send, report) North America Relationship Marketing email campaigns and landing pages. This position requires the ideal candidate to work closely with creative, targeting, and strategy teams from concept to actual delivery. This will require the individual to leverage content & concepts and build customized email communications by gaining expertise in the email marketing tools and pre-defined segments of the user base. In addition, create and rollout landing page experiences to the flagship web site. You will:
– Work independently, assembling marketing email campaigns & landing pages.
– Code the emails and landing pages in HTML/CSS/JS, ensuring cross-compatibility with various email clients, web browsers & operating systems.
– Analyze provided HTML assets and revise code where necessary to integrate with deployment tools and render properly across multiple platforms.
– Troubleshoot HTML & CSS rendering issues and make suggestions for coding improvements to ensure accurate rendering across a wide range of popular e-mail clients (Outlook, Hotmail, Yahoo!, etc.) & browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox).
– Complete and Test/QA campaign setups, content and change rounds in rapid succession with minimal errors.
– Functional programming and database knowledge to create highly customizable and targeted campaigns utilizing conditional logic & dynamic content.
What Makes You Stand Out:
In addition to meeting the other requirements, the ideal candidate is a self-starter and quick learner who is creative, extremely detail-oriented and energetic. The individual must enjoy a fast-paced work environment and be able to manage many projects simultaneously.
What You’ll Need:
– 1-3 years of web development or email marketing experience, preferably in the Internet or Retail landscape or equivalent. Knowledge of email best practices.
– Must have strong skills and knowledge of HTML & CSS and demonstrates ability to hand-code utilizing traditional nested tables, as well as CSS styling without relying on the use of a visual editor.
– Familiarity with responsive design for mobile clients.
– Familiarity with source control systems & practices (ClearCase, Git).
– Extremely detail oriented, striving for 100% quality execution, in rapid succession.
– Follow through on commitments; meeting and exceeding targets & deadlines.
– Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible and versatile in their production role.
– Experience with web production software (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.).
– Demonstrated ability to think creatively and innovatively.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Fun, highly energetic personality; great team player.
Desired, But Not Required:
– Perl variable/resource string usage
– Scheduled code releases
– Working within QA/Staging environments
– Web Accessibility Standards
– Internationalization / Localization
Education Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Please send resume and 5 bullets explaining why you are a GREAT candidate to John Lindauer: firstname.lastname@example.org