Job Title: Sales Enablememt Marketing Manager
Job Location: San Jose, CA
Job Type: Contract/W2
Our client, a leader in the Payments industry, is rapidly expanding its convenient checkout solution beyond the web and mobile devices. Our goal is to easily allow small and medium size businesses (SMBs) to get paid whenever and wherever they do business. This includes enabling payments on the go and in retail stores at the point of sale (POS). As the Manager, Sales Enablement Marketing for the SMB Retail Partner team, you will play a key role in enabling POS Partners to be a new sales and distribution channel.
You will be responsible for developing sales tools and training materials to support internal Field Sales and Business Development teams and external POS Partner sales teams that allow us to drive a step function improvement in our distribution capabilities, significantly grow our revenue, and enhance awareness of our offerings.
You will work closely with internal Product and Integration teams to understand all there is to know about the three key POS features of the client’s in-store/retail strategy: Check-In, Pay at the Table and Order Ahead and then translate that into easy to understand sales tools that can be leveraged by a wide variety of sales teams with varying knowledge of our solutions. You will create materials that are appropriate for various stages in the sales cycle from introduction to on-boarding to meet the objective of acquiring, engaging and activating key priority audiences. Sales tools leveraged could include: onsite, printed collateral, presentations, webinars, videos, training kits and other activities.
In your role, you will partner with diverse cross-functional teams and external partners and agencies to execute and deliver results. You must have the ability to succeed in a heavily matrixed environment, where success is dependent on your ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a positive, productive, and transparent way.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the translator between Product and Sales. Understand the key value proposition of the POS features, how those features work with the POS Partners solutions, and why businesses would want them.
- Work closely with various Sales teams to understand the end-to-end sales cycle and identify key points where sales enablement tools are needed to help drive new quality merchants from acquisition to activation.
- Work closely with the Product team to understand all features and benefits of existing POS features, as well as understand future roadmap features.
- Work closely with the Integration team to understand the step-by-step process of implementing our POS features into a business POS, which may be unique for each POS partner.
- Develop scalable sales enablement tools that help at various stages in the sales cycle new POS Partner introduction, multi-level sales force training, SMB onboarding, etc.
- Execute by working with various internal and external agencies and vendors to create and deliver sales tools.
- Evaluate sales tools and delivery process from an effectiveness perspective to help make the business decision for future strategies and budget allocation.
- Collaborate with key partners including Business Development, Field Sales, Partner Sales, Product Development, Product Integration and Legal, as well as other members of the Merchant Marketing team.
- Provide direction and feedback to agencies and other outside vendors.
What You’ll Need:
- Proven business-to-business marketing experience. Within the payments industry is a plus.
- Adept at taking complex concepts and translating them into concise, easy to understand formats.
- Strong sales support experience. Has had experience working closely with sales, understanding their needs and working rhythms.
- Experience developing and fully executing on sales tools or marketing assets, leveraging a variety of integrated tactics and channels.
- Ability to effectively communicate both vertically and horizontally, and to efficiently and effectively work with cross-functional teams and third parties to execute.
- Highly organized, with demonstrated skills managing a variety of tasks and work-streams simultaneously.
- Strong collaborator, yet someone who is willing to stand behind your point of view.
- Experience with marketing channels such as website, email, onsite (banners, landing pages), printed materials, and videos.
- 5 + years of relevant experience
- BS / BA Marketing. MBA a plus
To apply, please send your resume and a few bullet points about why you are the perfect candidate to John.Lindauer@akraya.com.