Job Title: User Experience Designer – Los Angeles, CA
Start Date: 3/3/14
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Work Type: Contract/W2
Our client, a leader in online Realty, is seeking a contract User Experience Designer to join its UX Team in LA for a 6-month contract. This contract position will drive the design of experiences for a variety of projects and initiatives including both web and mobile applications. If you are looking to contribute to experiences and strategies breaking new ground, this might be the opportunity for you.
The User Experience Designer should have a deep appreciation for simple, sleek, usable experiences. They come up to speed fast and can hit the ground running — they know when to execute quickly and when to dive deep. They have experience presenting and managing relationships with stakeholders and their adjacencies on a variety of efforts that support both the business and a strong user experience. They live in the world where business goals, research, and experiences overlap, and arm themselves with those understandings to drive towards standard-setting solutions. Most importantly, they understand that there is a human sitting on the other side of their designs.
What You’ll Do:
- Employs user-centered design methods to develop user interface specifications including site maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, high fidelity mockups and style guides.
- Works closely with product management to clarify and define business requirements as they apply to the user interface.
- Works closely with user experience research to translate findings from usability studies, surveys, etc. into improved user experiences. Makes design decisions driven by research when appropriate but also has a keen sense of what will work well.
- Appreciates critical feedback (both giving and receiving) and seeks it out in reviews with peers, stakeholders and research. Really listens to the feedback and can balance multiple, sometimes conflicting, inputs when arriving at a final design.
- Contributes to the creation, adoption and improvement of design patterns and guidelines, and their consistent deployment across various website properties.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design from a 4-year University or art school, degree in Human Computer Interaction (or equivalent experience).
- 4-8 years of experience designing successful interactive websites/applications as a key member of a User Experience team.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles, web design best practices, visual trends and emerging web technologies.
- Excellent organization, communication, interpersonal, and time management skills. Strong attention to detail.
- A sense of humor and passion for adventure is a plus.
- Occasional travel to offices in San Jose or Vancouver.
- Need to be able to collaborate across locations.
To apply, please send your resume – with portfolio link – to: John.Lindauer@akraya.com.